Cyber Security Brunei (CSB) is the national cyber security agency of Negara Brunei Darussalam, serving as an administrator that monitors and coordinates national efforts in addressing cyber security threats and cyber crime. It operates under the Ministry of Transport and Infocommunications (MTIC), with the Minister of MTIC as Minister-in-charge of Cybersecurity.
CSB provides cybersecurity services for the public, private and public sectors in Negara Brunei Darussalam. These cyber security services are intended to ensure the following interests:
- Increase awareness of cyber threats in the public and private sectors, especially the protection of the Critical Information Infrastructure (CII) in Negara Brunei Darussalam;
- Improve the ability to respond to cyber incidents through effective cyber crisis management;
- Enhance law enforcement capabilities in addressing cyber threats through the services of the National Digital Forensics Laboratory; and
- Increase public awareness of cyber threats.
A secure and resilient cyber space for Negara Brunei Darussalam as a smart nation
- To lead national efforts in monitoring cyber threats, managing cyber security, and combating cyber crime.
- Towards a resilient and safer cyber space that would safeguard the national interests and contribute to the sustainable socio-economic development of Negara Brunei Darussalam.
- To aid or assist the government in formulating policies and legislation related to Cyber Security and Cyber Crime.