About Cyberwatch Centre
The Cyber Watch Centre (CWC) provides secure monitoring of cyber threats to critical information infrastructure (CII) and serves to improve the cybersecurity landscape of Brunei Darussalam. It detects and provides alerts on cyberattacks, enabling relevant agencies to undertake appropriate preventive measures and remedial action in a timely manner before the threats increase. This is achieved through a 24x7 Security Operation Centre staffed with security professionals and advanced security intelligent monitoring technology.
Functions of the Cyber Watch Centre include:
- Act as the National Security Operation Centre (SOC) in monitoring Government networks for potential threats, from routine malware through to the most advanced targeted attacks.
- Detect new and advanced cyber threats through intelligence feeds and include new capabilities in the following areas:
- Monitoring of website security
- Detection of network data loss
- Better detection of threats such as malware
- Share intelligence with other government departments, trusted international partners and certified national managed security providers.
- Detect cyber threats effectively through correlation and analysis of all logs collected and provide timely alerts.